We just celebrated Earth Day in April, so it’s time for some “Green Tooth Ideas”.
- BRUSH YOUR TEETH WITH THE WATER OFF: Did you know that by simply turning off the water when brushing your teeth, you can save two to three gallons of water each brushing!
2. DIGITAL X-RAYS: Our office uses digital x-rays which don’t require chemicals to process. This means less radiation for you and for our staff.
There are so many ways to help the planet, locally and globally. At Massasoit Dental, we believe in making Earth Day every day! Just like your adult teeth are the only natural teeth you’ll ever have, this earth is the only one we’ve got. It’s important to take good care of both.
According to the Eco-Dentistry Association, dental practices dispose of the following waste every year:
• 4.8 million lead foils
• 28 million liters of toxic X-ray fixers
• 3.7 tons of mercury waste
• 1.7 billion sterilization pouches
• 80 million chair barriers, light handle covers, and patient bibs
By patronizing an eco-aware dentist like those in our practice at Massasoit, you can help the earth and yourself at the same time. New patients are always welcome, so feel free to refer friends and family!Leave a reply →